Saturday, February 16, 2013

Going Asian for Feeling Sketchy

 Hi again I know, I know three posts in one weekend, I'm amazed too. This card is for this weeks sketch at Feeling Sketchy As soon as I saw the layout I knew I had to pull out the Asian blossom flowers.






Everything on my card is from Stampin' Up! I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder on the background and to blossom stamp is from a retired Hostess set called Simply Soft which is actually a two step stamp but I chose to colour the blossoms with ink and my blender pen. I love the elegance of black, real red and whisper white together.

Here is the sketch:

I have to say it has been a good day in the craft room, my enthusiasm is on the come back. I hope you like how I have interpreted this sketch.


5 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Dani. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

Joey said...

Dani I love looking at your cards. This colour combo is stunning! Thanks for playing along again this week.

Julene Matthews said...

I agree. It looks very Japanese but oh so pretty. Thanks for joining us at feeling sketchy.

Lizzyc said...

Oh how pretty.. love the oriental feel!

Naomi said...

Great use of colour and I love the asian theme. Thanks for joining us @ Feeling Sketchy :)