Saturday, February 16, 2013

Going Asian for Feeling Sketchy

 Hi again I know, I know three posts in one weekend, I'm amazed too. This card is for this weeks sketch at Feeling Sketchy As soon as I saw the layout I knew I had to pull out the Asian blossom flowers.






Everything on my card is from Stampin' Up! I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder on the background and to blossom stamp is from a retired Hostess set called Simply Soft which is actually a two step stamp but I chose to colour the blossoms with ink and my blender pen. I love the elegance of black, real red and whisper white together.

Here is the sketch:

I have to say it has been a good day in the craft room, my enthusiasm is on the come back. I hope you like how I have interpreted this sketch.


5 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Dani. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

Joey said...

Dani I love looking at your cards. This colour combo is stunning! Thanks for playing along again this week.

Julene Matthews said...

I agree. It looks very Japanese but oh so pretty. Thanks for joining us at feeling sketchy.

Lizzyc said...

Oh how pretty.. love the oriental feel!

Naomi Whittaker said...

Great use of colour and I love the asian theme. Thanks for joining us @ Feeling Sketchy :)