Sunday, September 04, 2011

It's been how long??

What better way to find the motivation to blog than a New Stampin' Up! catalogue.  My change of roster and work responsibility has greatly impacted on my time (and motivation) to blog, but now things have settled at work and I have just aquired a new laptop, I plan to change that.

Today, being Father's Day here in Australia, I thought I would share the card I have made my Dad using the fabulous French Foliage stamp set from Stampin' Up! I absolutely love the versatility of this stamp set and the watermark stamp just about never leaves my desk atm.


To create this card you first need to cut a square to your desired size to use as a mask. Place mark on card and using a sponge fill in with colour. Here I have used crumb Cake. Than, keeping the mark in place, stamp the script stamp and Paris mark from the set in a slightly darker shade such as Soft Suede. Using the rocking technique, colour up the leaf stamp in Cajun Craze and Always Artichoke. Stamp and emboss in clear. Cut this piece to size and mount on CC and AA card.
The sentiment was then inked in Always Arti and using the blender pen to remove ink I have highlighted the key words in CC.This was stamped onto a 13cm x 13cm square card.
Add a few strips of co-coordinating card (don't you just LOVE SU!'s Co-coordinating inks and card stock) and your card is finished.

The card was a hit!! Happy Father's Day DAD xoxo

Cheers Dani

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Hey Dan, love the new look :)