Sunday, September 25, 2011

Summer Solstice for JAI

Hi Guys,
Today I have made a card using the fabulous new Summer Solstice stamp set from Stampin' Up!
Bronwyn Eastwell has done a great sketch over at Just Add Ink so I thought I would play along.

The colour combo I have used here is Basic Grey, Rose Red and the new in colour Island Indigo. They work so well together. The butterfly has been generational stamped and masked.

Generational stamping! What's that? I here you ask, well that is simply where you ink your stamp and then stamp it several times without re-inking or at least stamping off before stamping the next image.

Another new product from Stampin' Up! is the Seam binding ribbon. It is soooo soft and lovely it almost feels like silk and it is great for doing the ruched effect as I have done here.


 
 I hope you like today's card. Thanks for stopping by.


Until next time Happy Crafting................Cheers Dani  xoxox

Supplies List
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla

Inks: Rose Red, Island Indigo, Basic Grey

Other: Very Vanilla & Rose Red Seam Binding ribbon, Polka Dots embossing folder, Curly label punch. Pinking Hearts Border Punch.

4 comments:

Tania Gould said...

This is very cool - those butterflies look so affective! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Jodene said...

Great card Dani! Love the way you have stamped the butterflies getting lighter at the top too. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card using one of my favourite stamp sets! Thanks for playin along with us at JAI this week

Peta said...

looks amazing dani, i love me a good butterfly :)