Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Good Inspiration for #40 at Feeling Sketchy


Hi there, today's card is again for Feeling Sketchy, I am really enjoying the card maps the girls come up with and because it is an Aussie blog challenge this one has fast become my favourite challenge to enter. I can't wait until the new DT members start inspiring us as well.

Here is the sketch for this week, although it is very much a scrapbook layout I found it very easy to adapt into a card. (I don't scrapbook!)

I have channeled Narelle Farugia's style that I am a big fan of and added lots of layers with a monochromatic colour scheme. The papers, cardstock, ink, ribbon, leaves and stamped quote are all from Stampin' Up! while the flowers and pearls are Prima, I think from my local scrapbook shop. After I put my elements all together it still needed something, I played around with more flowers but it just wasn't working, then I remembered the bag of feathers I purchased while I was n Canberra a few months ago and whaa la ...... perfect!

Here's my card I hope you like it;


SUPPLIES:
 Card stock in Natural Ivory and Crumb Cake. DSP and ink Crumb Cake. Satin Binding ribbon in Crumb Cake.
Stamp Set : Pursuit of Happiness

Check out the challenge HERE


4 comments:

Naomi said...

OMG Dani i love, love , love this card, the mono colour looks awesome.
Good luck xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Dani. Thank you for joining the Feeling Sketchy challenge

Jessica Theodore said...

You make the layering and embellies look so good! that doesn't come naturally for everyone. Such a beautiful card and a lovely sentiment too! So glad to see you playing along again this week :)

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Beautiful card Dani, I have never thought of using feathers on a card, but I think you have inspired me :) Thanks for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle