Monday, August 02, 2010

40th Birthday Card

Hi, I know I know it has been ages since I last posted. Sorry about that, no excuses, I just haven't made the time to do it. Mid July to early September is an extra busy card making time for me. I have 9 family birthdays in about the space of 5 weeks, not to mention Fathers Day and I have officially decided to try and make sure every one of my work collegues receives one of my handmade cards for their birthdays. So that adds about 6 more to the list....phew. No wonder there has been a lot going on in my craft room.
The first card I am going to share with you is one I did for my sister-in-laws 40th birthday. I used the watering can image from the Stampin Up Nice and Easy Notes. I have been using this set a bit lately because the images work well with my colouring techniques. The chocolate cardstock I stamped with the Seeing Spots set also from Stampin Up. The flowers, butterfly and numbers are from Cuttlebug and the leaves are from Sizzix. This image I coloured using a number of different mediums including my Pro Markers for can, distress ink for flower center on the image and blending on the flowers and butterfly and then Stampin Up markers for the petals and heart and flower centers. I then used my distress ink to colour the inside cardstock so it all matched in together. Yep I know another easel card!! Until next time........... Dani xoxox

No comments: