Tuesday, August 03, 2010

ATC inspiration



Today I am going to share a light bulb moment I had whilst recently getting busy in my room. I had to make some ATC for my group swaps that I am in and it had to be in the colour theme of Dark brown, Light brown and cream. I decided to use this delightful Hero Atrs stamp that I picked up at Paperific last year ( and might I add, had never used!). Anyway, the stamp has both bold and fine script on it going in all directions so I inked the bold in Vivid Coffee Bean ink and the finer script in Vivid Taupe ink. Making sure I got the scrolly flower bits in just the right possition I stamped the image and then restamped (without reinking) to give it that shadow effect. I then clear embossed the whole lot.All that was left to do was distress the cardstock so it wasn't so cream and mount it onto natural card stock and then dark choc cardstock.
Inside the card again I inked only a corner section that I wanted to use and stamped this on, and then added the sentiment.
I liked the result so much I quickly whipped up this card as well. My light bulb moment was that I should do this more often...make a card whilst doing ATC if the style suits. Anyway, here it is inside and out!

No comments: