Monday, August 26, 2013

Butterfly and Sunflowers for #68

Hi Guys,
Now that I am working full time and my daughter and I are busy doing Uni visits at the moment, my visits here are getting less and less, however, I still like to know that you have come to visit my blog and see my Art 4U. This week is another image from our great Sponsor Eureka Stamps. the image I have used here is called Butterfly and Sunflower however as you can see I didn't go with the traditional Sunflower colour!






I coloured the image in with my trust ProMarkers.....I was missing them a bit, hadn't pulled them out in a while! All the papers are from Stampin' Up! although a retired set from a few years back. I can't quite remember the name of it but it was a page layout kit the included a couple of sheets of embellishments.

I have given the butterfly a bit of a 3D effect by cutting it out and sculpting the wings a little with my sculpting tool. If you don't have a special tool it is really easy to do by simply rubbing the back surface with a rounded object onto a mouse pad or similar soft surface. I find paint or makeup brushes often work well.

I hope you like my card and decide to come and play with us at Feeling Sketchy. Here is this weeks sketch:




Also go and check out the Stamps at Eureka Stamps......you never know you might be our monthly winner!


Happy creating until next time ....


1 comment:

coops said...

so stunning dani.beautiful image and your colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx