Sunday, April 21, 2013

Feeling Sketchy #55

Well this might be my last post for a couple of weeks. My craft room is about to be packed up ready for a move, so not sure when I will have it all organized and ready for creativity again. Not tooooo long I hope!
This weeks sketch at Feeling Sketchy is a nice and simple one so I have kept my card just that, nice and simple! I wanted to use the stamp block technique where you ink up a block and stamp it out giving you a  rustic background. Well on this occasion the block that I needed to use for the size I required didn't want to play nice so I had to compromise. After stamping with the block and not getting anywhere near enough colour that I was hoping to achieve, I masked the edges and added more colour with a sponge....happy! With the masks still in place I then stamped the delight flower and sentiment from Stampin' Ups! Blooming with Kindness set.
This is the out come:

The brown strips were swiped with a touch of white craft ink to give it that linen look that the background paper has. This is a quick but interesting technique to use.
This is the sketch

I hope you like my card......I don't know how I will cope with no card making for a couple of weeks but I will enjoy looking at everyone's lovely creations....if I get time. lol

Until then.....happy stamping!




5 comments:

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

Wow, great take on the sketch & techniques. The rustic sponging goes so well with the linen-look and stamping. Thanks for playing along with Feeling Sketchy this week.

Joey said...

Super as always Dani. Thanks for playing along this week with us at Feeling Sketchy

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Dani. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy

coops said...

so gorgeous dani.your design and colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Naomi said...

Gorgeous Dan xx