Sunday, January 13, 2013

U ROCK my world at Feeling Sketchy #41

Hi Guys,
I hope you Aussie girls have enjoy a slightly cooler weekend safe from fires and cyclones. Today I spent some time in my craft room making a card for #41 at Feeling Sketchy. I purchased this cute "Little Goth Girl" digital image from Meljen Designs a while ago but hadn't gotten around to colouring her up. Her tall slender stance is perfect for the sketch this week.


My daughter suggested I add the pink tips to her hair, inspired by one of her friends who recently had her hair dip died. I am really please with the 'shine' i managed to create on the image using Pro Markers,  although I still need to work on the hair!




Here is the sketch I had to follow:


For the sentiment I carefully selected each word at a time and covered with Versa mark pen. This allowed me to not only change the placement but also to emboss in different colours. I have used white and Mambo Melon embossing powder.


The hot pink metallic heart card stock was absolutely perfect for this image. I think she is so adorable don't you? I hope you like my challenge card.



5 comments:

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Dani, I love your card. What a fabulous overall look you have achieved. From the paper, the colouring of that fab image, and then the detail you have embossed the sentiments with. Thanks for joining in with us at feeling Sketchy this week.
Michelle

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Dani. I love the image. It was a bit cooler here in Sydney today. Thank you for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy. Best wishes, Margaret, Feeling Sketch DT

Joey said...

Fantastic card Dani. Love your work and pink is my absolute favourite colour! Thanks for playing along this week at Feeling Sketchy

Naomi said...

Great job with the colouring Dani the shine is awesome and i love the pink in the hair.
Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy this week :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic card! This is one of my fav's of Meljen's, but I just haven't created with it yet. I just love your idea - so simple and still rocking!