Saturday, December 22, 2012

An all time favourite for Feeling Sketchy

The presents are wrap, the decorations are hung, all my cards are sent so now it is time to relax and make a few cards that have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas. LOL!
Normally I love this time of year but right now I am just looking forward to the two weeks off work. It has been an exhausting couple of months so all I want to do is chill out and do as I please instead of continuously running to a schedule. With my daughter going away with friends after Christmas and hubby working I should manage to do just that.

My card
  Today's card is my entry into this weeks Feeling Sketchy challenge. I really love the simplicity of these girls sketches, it leave everything open for interpretation and this weeks sketch from Jess T is no different.
Jess T fab sketch
 I have pulled out an old favourite for this one. Bordering on Romance is my absolute favourite stamp set ever. I love it and use quite often.


I really like the way Michelle from the DT has layer the center panel over the full back piece (well that's how it looks) on her inspiration card so decided to go that way too. Sahara Sands and Perfect Plum make a lovely colour combo I've also added a touch of Lucky Limeade to the leaves all coloured with my trusty blender pen of course!

This is the first all Stampin' Up! card I have made in a while. Here is the list of supplies.
 Stamp Sets: Bordering on Romance, Wacky Words
Card Stock: Sahara Sands, Perfect Plum
Ink: Sahara Sands, Perfect Plum, Lucky Limeade, Black Staz On
Ribbon: Perfect Plum Taffeta ribbon
Tools: Blender Pen,



Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I like to feel the love! LOL
And if you've got time why not join in at Feeling Sketchy the more the better.




2 comments:

Jessica Theodore said...

This is incredible Dani! Love the amount of effort you put into it with the colouring and the fussy cutting and the layering. enjoy your two weeks off, my hubby has a week off between Chrissy and new years and we hope to get alot done around the house so my mojo will have time to build up i hope lol. merry christmas and thanks for playing :)

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Dani, what a fabulous card. I really am glad I could inspire you to use a 'panel'for the center section of your card, it looks amazing with the fussy cut flowers. Thanks for joining in with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle